Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 17, 2013

MA Wedding Venue: Tower Hill Botanic Garden

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long in between posts but things have been crazy with work and school  in addition to wedding planning! I have made great progress and want to share some of the things we've been doing but I wanted first to share our wedding venue finally! We chose to have our wedding June 14, 2014 at Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Bolyston, MA. It is so amazingly beautiful. I knew I didn't want a traditional wedding venue and the FI and I are outdoorsy people so this fit perfectly. They have two amazing ceremony spaces, on on the long upper lawn where the couple will be framed by two huge and gorgeous pergolas or down on the lower lawn for smaller wedding parties.  On the lower lawn you can either be framed by a small pond with a stone staircase or in the other direction a stone wall overlooking an apple orchard. The reception is held inside in the Orangerie which has one wall of glass windows with the ceiling made of glass and the other walls are brick with ivory and water features. The floors are a great gray slate and the whole space is open and airy, perfect for a June wedding. On either side of the Organerie are gardens the guests can walk out into if they get too hot or just want a break from the party for a little while. Overall it is just the most wonderful place and I knew the minute we toured it I wanted to get married there. I had "the feeling" I had been searching for in all of the other wedding venues. Take a look at the pictures below and leave a comment if you want more information. My next posts will move away from the wedding venues and focus on photographers which is the next step the FI and I took in our wedding planning!

Information Comments
The Venue: Tower Hill Botanic Gardens A botanic gardens by day and on the weekends a stunning wedding venue.
Location: Bolyston, MA Just outside of Worcester, MA.
Prime Season: May-October They only hold weddings Fri-Sun from May to October.
Ceremony Onsite: Yes, indoors or outdoors. They have two outdoor spaces, an outdoor tent or inside one of the conservatories if it rains.
Capacity: The facility can from 150 people.  The receptions are held in the Orangerie or the tent outside.
Guest Min Required? None
Bridal/Groom Rooms? No
Function Rental Fee: Fri: $5,000, Sat: $5,500, Sun: $4,000 Rental is for 5.5 hours starting at 6 pm. There is one wedding a day and they can't start earlier than 6 pm.
Overtime Fee: None You can go beyond 11:30.
Ceremony Fee: None
Catering: Choose from five caterers.
Alcohol: This is done by the venue. They go by consumption only, so you can have an open bar but are charged on a per drink basis not a per person basis. You can also have a cash bar. 
Food/Beverage Min? Depends on the caterer.
 Bar Fee: $150 for setup and a min of $60 for the bartender.
Extra Fees: 18% open bar fee and %6.25 tax.
Accommodations: None
Venue Contact: Jennie Backstrom jbackstrom@towerhillbg.org
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miranda,

    Thank you for sharing all this information; you've helped me tremendously in my search. I'm planning an intimate wedding for next year; but I have not yet decided on a date because I can't decide on the "perfect venue" yet. Tower Hill is beautiful; I've requested some basic information from them, and I am a little worry about all the little details (vendor, chair for reception, hidden fees etc...) How is the planning going for you? Please share more info on your vendors selection.

    ReplyDelete