Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Welcome to A New England Wedding!

About A New England Wedding

I started this blog because I recently got engaged and started planning my wedding. After all the initial excitement I went into planning mode! I immediately went to the big wedding websites, theknot.com, weddingwire.com, mywedding.com, etc. There I looked for venues and vendors that would match my style and idea of a dream wedding. I couldn't always find what I was looking for, which lead to hours and hours of searching the internet and picking venues and vendors from random sites. I thought it would be nice to have a place where all of that information was in one place and where people could recommend vendors and venues. So the blog was born! This blog will chronicle my journey leading up to my wedding in 2014 and all the adventures along the way. I hope you enjoy!

A New England Wedding Content

My plan for this blog is to put up all the information I have received from venues and vendors, regarding pricing, capacity, my personal opinions, pictures and anything else I think will be helpful. A disclaimer for those who use this site as a resource: the information and comments are only my opinion and the most current information I have to date. Prices, styles and fads change quickly in the wedding industry and I am only able to share what I know and think. I would always encourage other people to get second opinions and visit/meet vendors before making a decision.

I will post each stage of our wedding planning as it comes along and share how we approached each one. I will try and share any tips and tricks for other new brides and places to find the best resources to help plan your dream day! 



6 comments:

  1. Hey Miranda, This is a really great idea. I wish I had this kind of a resource when I started planning my wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you! Your blog has made my day! I am also planning a wedding in Maine for sometime fall/winter 2013...from North Carolina (we're moving to the Portland area in August). I've spent HOURS combing the internet and didn't feel like I had the information I needed. This has greatly decreased my BP. Thank you! -Jayme :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miranda! Thanks so much for the wonderful information you posted! I went between Tower Hill and Point Lookout for a long time but have decided to go with Tower Hill Yay! I'm wondering how you determined which caterer you would use? Happy Wedding Planning! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen,

    Thanks for the compliments. We honestly picked the caterer who offered us the most bang for our buck and was the nicest. This was Sue with Tastings Caterers. Sue is so sweet and invites you right into her home for tastings and lets you walk away with extra food at the end. She is totally willing to work with any budget and quiet honestly was the nicest person we dealt with when vetting all the caterers. I'm glad you chose Tower Hill, I think you'll love it! Good luck with your planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog has helped me SO much, thank you for taking the extra time to post this information! The Botanical Gardens are perfect (no tent, but under the stars!) but I was wondering if the site fee included tables or chairs, or do you have to bring everything in, including those? I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experience. Thanks again!! -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this blog! My fiancé and I are trying to plan a New England wedding from afar, and this has been such a great resource. Thank you for taking the time to put all of this together and write such helpful reviews!!

    ReplyDelete